Since 1979 more than 140,000 animals have been treated by Wildlife Rescue.
Thanks to the support of individuals like you, Wildlife Rescue can provide a lifeline for animals in distress.
Hours: Full-time (40 hours)
Wage: $15 -18/hr, depending on experience
Closing Date: 11 February 2018
Start Date: ASAP
Wildlife Rescue Association of BC is seeking an energetic, highly organized, and multi-talented Development Coordinator. The coordinator plays the primary role in organizing and tracking sustainable revenue streams for Canada’s busiest wildlife rehabilitation centre. Leadership, confidence, relationship-building and taking initiative to make Wildlife Rescue’s development program more effective, are essential to this role.
Wildlife Rescue’s primary fund development programs include Planned Giving, Corporate and Business Partnerships, Memberships, Major Donors, and Public Campaigns, all contributing to sustaining and growing the organization’s one million dollar revenue budget. Donor events planning and relationship building are key components to our success.
The Development Coordinator is responsible for:
● managing fund development operational structures and data management systems;
● designing and implementing reporting and communication structures;
● building positive working relationships with current donors;
● nurturing corporate and community partners for the purposes of maintaining existing sources and increasing funding opportunity whenever possible; and
● supporting a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization, assisting staff and volunteers to initiate and participate in fund development activities.
Our ideal candidate will have:
• a degree or equivalent work experience in business systems development or administration;
• several years of experience in fund development;
• demonstrable success in social media strategies for fundraising;
• experience of building systems, processes and standard operating procedures;
• experience of using a fund development database;
• knowledge of using social media and mobile technologies in fund development;
• great skills in managing relationships;
• exceptional multi-mode communication skills;
• financial planning and budgeting skills;
• resource coordination and event planning skills;
• keen ability to create informative reporting systems;
• a natural affinity for networking and comfort in working with corporate and non-profit sectors;
• an understanding of data needed for grant-writing; and
• confidence, self-awareness and a values-driven approach.
Wildlife Rescue Association offers an employee benefit package and professional development support. Only applicants who are invited for an interview will be contacted. Please send a resume and cover letter in a single pdf file to email@example.com.